There are four tournaments planned! Something for novice and experienced fighters alike.
- Blacksword Tournament. This is a single elimination tournament held at multiple events every year. The results are recorded and used to help inform the Warlord of the fighters in Kingdom.
- The Grace O’Malley Novice Tournament (authorized for 2 years or less). This will be a Bearpit Tournament with to 4 pits depending on space and marshals. A fencer can hold the pit for 4 rounds. Each round will be won by the winner of a 2/3 pass, and the winner will stay in. The over-all tournament winner will be determined by a score. The score will be calculated by adding 1 point for every killing blow delivered, and subtracting 1 point for every killing blow landed on you. For example, a fencer wins one, doubles and loses: in that example the fencer would have a score of -1, and both fencers would exit the bear pit. Your score cannot go negative. The tournament will run for 30 min. At last call everyone gets one revenge round in honor of Grace O’Malley. The revenge round will be a 5 round match between the two fencers. Rules for calculating score are as they were in the bear pit. A fencer can accept as many revenge round challenges as they want, but do not have to take more than they are comfortable taking.
- Progressive Weapons Form Tournament. This tournament will be a triple elimination progressive weapons form tournament. A fencer with no loses will start with single. A fencer with one loss may use a non-offensive off hand. Finally, a fencer with two loses may use an offensive off hand.
- Academie d’Espee Prize Fights. Lady Marguerite de Lyon will be fighting her White Scarf Prize. Sir Joselin d’Outremer will be fighting his White Scarf Prize. Lady Marta de Lyon will be fighting her Free Scholar Prize.
- Pickups with any time left in the day.